Monday, September 24, 2007

Vegas, Baby!

Because I'm having a little trouble these days remembering how "money" I am (and because I have two days off from work), I've decided to embark on a trip to Las Vegas on Wednesday with my friend Dana. I haven't been outside the airport in Vegas since I was 16, so I'm pretty sure this will be my best visit to Sin City.
Thanks to my adventures in the Ukraine and in Israel on the famed MLOS 2005 trip, I possess some basic poker skills that have been further honed with episodes of Celebrity Poker on Bravo during slow afternoons in grad school. I have a suspicion that the Lost Wages reputation may fall upon me, I plan to lose greater funds at the spa than at the tables.
Besides Dana, my aforementioned travelling companion (shout out to San Diego), I'm looking forward to seeing a few other friends during this trip, including my friend Danielle who I last saw in Prague shortly after MLOS. Hopefully, Cho and Maggie will make an appearance on my itinerary as well.
I have downloaded ample Elvis tunes onto my MP3 player, started packing up my carry-on suitcase and reminded myself not to come home married. In 36 hours, I'll be there!!!

1 comment:

SaraK said...

Sounds like you will have an awesome time!