Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bloggin' Birthday

Well, it's somewhat belated, but happy birthday to the wonderful (albeit virtual) world of Shtetl Fabulous! My blog celebrated its first anniversary without me on June 12. I'm told a whole host of people were invited to Il Cantinori and unlike some people, they actually showed up and paid for the $75 birthday cake.

Since I missed the actual day, I wanted to give an official shoutout to my blog and to all my readers. Thank you for indulging me every few days with coming to visit and to read about what's happening in my world. An extra big thank you to my loyal commentors - it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see comments. What can I say, I'm an oldest child and I like attention?!

But seriously, a year ago, I began writing in this forum as a bit of catharsis and creative exercise because I no longer had to write essays and term papers on a regular basis. A year later, I have hit a record 30 visitors in one day and receive about 300 visitors each month. I'm trying to get cross-listed on more sites, so if you have one and wanna link up, comment and give me your URL!

I hope you've enjoyed reading my rants and observations as much as I've loved writing them. I've tried to make Shtetl Fabulous a unique place in the blogosphere where politics mixes with fashion and pop culture in an irreverent tone and featuring well-written prose... or at least that's what I was going for.

Leave your birthday wishes, future post suggestions and any feedback you so desire. I'll put it all together in a scrapbook I'm sure my blog will love.

4 comments:

Worrier_Poet said...

Happy Birthday, Shtetlfab! Feel free to link up to my blog, http://lunchbox80.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, keep up the great stuff.

SaraK said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Shtetl Fabulous, Happy birthday to you!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for dropping by Shpilkes and turning me on to your blog. Will add your link to my site.

Love the name Shtetl Fabulous, btw!