Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What Shtetl Fabulous Looks Like!

As you may have noticed, I'm sporting a new look here at Shtetl Fabulous. Thanks to those wonderful guys over at Element 6 Creative Group (seriously, Keven and Keith, you're AWESOME), this blog is putting the fab in Shtetl Fabulous in a big way.

I don't generally like to do back-to-back posts two days in a row... it sorta blows my wad for the rest of the week, but I was so completely in love with this new banner that I had to get it out as soon as possible, and had to give props accordingly.

It was a bit of a challenge to figure out how I wanted to visually represent myself in the blogosphere. There's the whole Jewish element from the menorah seal of the State of Israel to the Stars of David floating around. While I had originally wanted the cityscape to be more reminiscent of an old school European country town, there just aren't so many of those floating around in the clip art collections out there. But I like the lines and some even resemble the Bauhaus look that's so prevalent in Tel Aviv.

Finally, there's the cartoon image. Forget Wii Miis and Simpsonizing yourself - I can't imagine my Shtetl Fabulous persona animated in any other way. From the character's voluptious proportions to her fierce punim and of course the Black Power fist, it's just perfect.

OK, enough kvelling! Thanks again to Keven for his patience and please use Element 6 for all your graphic design needs. Cheers!

10 comments:

Worrier_Poet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Worrier_Poet said...

That is awesome! It's like the female version of Adam Goldberg's character in "The Hebrew Hammer."

Elisha said...

Love the banner - totally rocks and fits you to a tee!

HNIC said...

I like it. I couldnt start my own blog.. ill just post all over yours!!
the animation is cute, I must admit but I greatly prefer the real thang.
now to tackle issues of fashion music and fabulousness that come with being shetel fabulous!

Liz said...

Love the new look! It's good for the Jews.

SaraK said...

Terrific new look! I love the nail polish on her thumb :)

Phil Villarreal said...

Looks great!

HNIC said...

so can we get a sexy story or a nifty topic to debate over?

we can do the debate if Lenny Kravitz is black of jewish debate for fun.

judgm said...

a mother could just kvell...love the banner!

KAS said...

Nice new look!